The tanking and floor screeding course will teach a practicing tiler who is keen to learn these skill sets how to waterproof (tanking) showers and wetrooms before applying tiles as well as levelling techniques (screeding) on uneven floor surfaces where tiles are to be installed.
Most learning providers will provide tools and materials but you will be required to wear suitable clothing and protective footwear (preferably steel toed), which is compulsory.
Who is the tanking and floor screeding course aimed at?
The tanking and floor screeding course is ideal for competent tilers who want to expand their knowledge and specialist skills. It is a good course to undertake for those who are preparing themselves for employment in the build trade industry and planning to offer this skill as part of their tiling consultancy.
The tanking and floor screeding course is described below:
Tanking and floor screeding course content
- Intro to Floor Screeding
- Intro to Tanking
- Calculating quantities of materials required
- Gauging and mixing of screeding materials
- Transferring datum levels
- Preparing background areas, brushed and bonded
- Positioning screeding battens/screeds
- Laying and finishing floor screeds level and to falls
- Incorporating drainage inlets
- Mix and lay self-leveling compounds
- Laying self-leveling
- Screeding tools and equipment
After completing the tanking and floor screeding course
If you feel you need to learn more about tiling and perhaps move further on and become a qualified tiler, take a look at the other tiling courses.
Available tiling courses
- Tiling DIY
- Tiling Advanced
- Tiling Level 2
- Tiling Level 3
- Victorian and Mosaic Tiling
- Natural Stone Tiling
Visit our training course directory and find out more details about enrolling onto tiling courses available with leading fitness course providers.