Our Algebra Helper course will prepare our students to study Algebra II by helping them build a solid foundation of Algebra. Focusing on topics that Algebra students traditionally struggle with, our course aims to build the confidence necessary to further our students’ education in mathematics. Particular emphasis is placed on breaking down word problems and systematic problem-solving using everyday language.
* You have 4 weeks to complete this course from date of your enrollment.
Algebra Helper training course content
The Algebra Helper training course consists of 4 modules:
Algebra Helper Module 1 Building Blocks: Numbers and Expressions
We will begin by covering the properties of numbers, order of operations, and evaluating simple algebraic expressions.
- Number Types and Properties
- Order of Operations
- Exponent Rules; Positive Integer, Negative Integer, and Zero Powers
- Properties of Equality; Solving Linear Equations
- Properties of Inequalities; Solving and Graphing Inequalities
Algebra Helper Module 2 Visualization: Graphing and Solving
In this section, we will delve deeper into visual representations of algebraic equations. You will address the concepts of functions and linear equations and learn how to graph and solve them.
- Cartesian Coordinate System
- Graphing Functions and Relations
- Slopes and Intercepts of Linear Equations
- Point-Slope, Slope-Intercept, and Standard Forms
- Graphing Linear Equations and Systems of Linear Equations
Algebra Helper Module 3 Building Momentum: Polynomials and Complex Expressions/Equations
Building off of more basic algebraic concepts in the first 7 chapters, this section will require you factor and evaluate complex polynomials and quadratics.
- Operations with Monomials and Polynomials
- Square Roots
- Factoring Quadratic Expressions
- Solving Quadratic Equations: Factoring, Completing the Square, Quadratic Formula
Algebra Helper Module 4 Home Stretch: Rational Expressions and Problem-Solving
This last section will teach you how to work with rational expressions. You will learn techniques to approaching word problems and use the algebraic knowledge you have garnered throughout the course to tackle real-world problems.
- Simplifying Rational Expressions
- Operations with Rational Expressions
- Approaching Word Problems
- Rate and Percentage Word Problems
- Rate, Time, and Distance Word Problems
After completing the Algebra Helper training course
After completing the Algebra Helper training course, you should be able to:
- Examine linear equalities and inequalities and solve correctly
- Identify how to factor polynomials
- Identify and use graphing functions
- Examine rational expressions
- Define the appropriate method of solving quadratic functions
The Algebra Helper training course is 24 hours long, taught over 4 weeks.