There has to be a different way of approaching “old age.” Our life span is increasing. What can we do to inspire and contribute to our communities? In our course, you will take another look at aging as the anticipated fulfillment of life, not its inevitable decline, but as badge of success rather than a mark of failure. No matter what your age is, our class will assist you on a journey of creating a new civilization of human development, learning how to work with people of all ages to create a peaceful global society.
* You have 4 weeks to complete this course from date of your enrollment.
Life in the Third Stage course content
the Life in the Third Stage course consists of 4 modules:
Life in the Third Stage Module 1 Introduction to Sage-ing
Growing older should be seen as a further development of your life. Module one takes a look at the theory and vision of Spiritual Eldering and what elders are and are not. Additionally we will explore the new picture of aging and just what that means.
- The Theory of Spiritual Eldering
- What Is an Elder
- The Vision of Spiritual Eldering
- Becoming the Possible Sage
- First and Second Maturity
Life in the Third Stage Module 2 Elderhood
Module two takes a look at how elderhood has been viewed through the ancient world until now. We will take a look at the importance of sharing our life stories. Additionally, we will take a look at how to envision death more naturally and how to deal with our own mortality.
- Elderhood: Past, Present, and Future
- Spiritual Eldering and Personal Transformation
- The Art of Life Completion
- Tools for Harvesting Life
- The Fourfold Model of Self
Life in the Third Stage Module 3 The Future
In module two, we will take a look at some of the world traditions in the elder community. Also explored is how science and society has influenced the beliefs surrounding the afterlife. Mentoring can help our society. In this module, we will look at why intergenerational mentoring is important and take a look at the qualifications of becoming a mentor.
- The Eternity Factor
- The Conscious Transit at Death
- Spiritual Eldering and Social Transformation
- Mentoring: Seeding the Future with Wisdom
- Intergenerational Mentoring
Life in the Third Stage Module 4 Becoming a Sage
Module four explores the positive changes that can be seen throughout communities when elders are incorporated. Also included in this chapter is the future of Spiritual Eldering and what it can look like.
- Elders as Healers of Family, Community, and Gaia
- Gaian Consciousness
- Spiritual Eldering Comes of Age
- Spiritual Eldering Retreat Center
- Sage in Training
After completing the Life in the Third Stage course
After completing the Life in the Third Stage course, you should be able to:
- Name how to become a spiritual elder
- Identify your own fears of death
- Recognize the necessity of letting go of past regrets
- State why forgiveness is necessary to move forward
- Recognize how to leave a spiritual legacy
The Life in the Third Stage course is 24 hours long, taught over 4 weeks.