Whether you are a newly promoted manager, a business owner or a human resources professional, knowing the ins and outs of dealing with HR issues is critical to your success. This class is specifically designed to help people without any experience or knowledge of human resources to understand the critical functions and how it affects us all. Through the 4 weeks we will explore the road map of human resources through legal issues, recruiting and retaining the best employees to terminating poor performers.
* You have 4 weeks to complete this course from date of your enrollment.
Human Resource Essentials course content
The Human Resource Essentials course consists of 4 modules:
Human Resource Essentials Module 1 Strategic Planning in Human Resources and Recruiting Functions
To be able to understand the human resource function, you must first understand the strategy and mission statement of your company. In this module, we will learn the importance of understanding where you are going and how the human resource function integrates into this mission. We will also dive into recruiting functions and how they are implemented.
- Understanding Mission Statements and Your Organizational Strategy
- What is Optimal Staffing and How to Find Applicants
- Resume Review
- The Orientation Process and Onboarding Steps
- Training and Development Strategies
Human Resource Essentials Module 2 Useful Performance Evaluations and Benefits
During this module, we will look at why performance evaluations are used and what the benefits are for the employer and employee. We will also dive into the types of benefits that are issued to employees and learn how they are used in the workplace.
- What is a Performance Evaluation
- Benefits and Types of Performance Evaluations
- How to Implement the Performance Evaluation Meeting
- Government Mandated Benefits
- Compensation Factors
Human Resource Essentials Module 3 Employee/Labor Relations and the Diverse Workplace
In module three we will look at why performance evaluations are used and what the benefits are for the employer and employee. We will also dive into the types of benefits that are issued to employees and learn how they are used in the workplace.
- Maintaining a Conducive Office Environment
- Building Employee Morale
- Progressive Discipline
- Overview of Labor Relations/Employment Law
- Diversity in the Workplace
Human Resource Essentials Module 4 Technology and Workplace Challenges
In our final module we will discuss what major role technology plays in the workplace and how it is a competitive advantage. We will close out the class with learning about the current changes that affect the workplace today, how to adapt to changes and how this can be crucial in the success or failure of a company.
- Technology and Change
- Policies in the Workplace
- HRIS (Human Resources Information System)
- Changes in the Workforce
After completing the Human Resource Essentials course
After completing the Human Resource Essentials course, you should be able to:
- Identify recruiting functions and how they are implemented
- Define the multi-generational workforce today
- State the correct strategies to use when appraising job performances, coaching and counseling
- Identify how technology affects the workplace today
- Identify workplace challenges
The Human Resource Essentials course is 24 hours long, taught over 4 weeks.