E-mail is one of the greatest inventions of our lifetime phenomenally affecting the way we communicate. Reading, writing and managing e-mail is taking up an increasing amount of our time. But are we using it right? This course helps you learn the best way to create and use e-mail. Be it a thank you note, a meeting reminder, a proposal or a sales pitch, a well-written message that looks and sounds professional will make it easier for people to want to do business with you. It will help people feel good about communicating with you and help you achieve the right results.
* You have 4 weeks to complete this course from date of your enrollment.
Email Etiquette course content
The Email Etiquette course consists of 4 modules:
E-Mail Etiquette: Netiquette Module 1 Introduction to E-mail
Module one will look at one of the possibly greatest inventions of our lifetime. E-mail takes an increasingly amount of our time and in module one, we will look at how to maximize our time. Also included in this module is a discussion on the seven deadly sins of e-mail and how to avoid them.
- The Impact of e-Mail on Business
- International Considerations
- Seven Deadly Sins of e-Mail
- Top 10 Complaints about e-Mail in Practice
- Maximizing the Potential of e-Mail
E-Mail Etiquette: Netiquette Module 2 E-mail Etiquette
Module two will examine how to create well written emails, to include the subject line, the message itself, and the signature block. Also included in module two is organization basics. Just as with any filing system, your emails should be organized into folders and mail should be processed in a proficient method that works best for you. In module two we will look at tips to use to best manage your e-mail.
- Processing Mail
- Using Folders
- Looking Good Online
- SMART Subject Lines
- Ending Your Message & Signatures
E-Mail Etiquette: Netiquette Module 3 Relationships Through e-Mail
Building relationships through email may seem difficult, but module three will provide you with tips that will guide you to writing great e-mails. E-mails that are not so routine need more thought and careful planning. Module three will look at how to use the simple Four Point Plan for proper e-mail structuring. Also included in this module is how to establish long lasting bonds and how to develop rapport with others through this mode of communication.
- Writing Great e-Mails
- The Four Point Plan in Practice
- Using e-Mail to Build Relationships
- E-Mail Can Affect Careers
- Star Tips for Creating Bonds and Developing Rapport
E-mail Etiquette: Netiquette Module 4 Nurturing Your e-Mail Netiquette
Who you are writing to depends on whether or not you should follow grammar rules. Module four will examine proper use of grammar in your e-mail and help you spruce up your skills. Also included in module four is the overall function of spam filters and basic security and virus issues you may encounter with your e-mails and what you can do to protect your messages.
- Spruce Up Your Cyber-Grammar Skills
- Spam Filters, Mail Bombing, Snooping and Harassment
- Security Issues
- Protecting Your Messages
- Computer Viruses
After completing the Email Etiquette course
Upon completion of the Email Etiquette course, you should be able to:
- Identify ways to manage your e-mail through the use of folders and filters
- Recognize proper planning and structure of e-mails
- List the characteristics of an effective subject line
- Identify effective endings to e-mails
- Recognize safe and unsafe e-mailing
The Email Etiquette course is 24 hours long, taught over 4 weeks.