More than half of the people in England are overweight or obese. This includes 61.9% of adults and 28% of children. This statistic could decrease significantly with an engaged understanding of the importance of healthy eating.
This short, auto-marked programme will give you the knowledge you need to understand those health issues and how to control and manage a healthy diet. A great addition to your CV to show your commitment to health and fitness, this is also beneficial for general knowledge. Completed online with auto-marked assessments, this programme can be completed in your own time.
Explore the Principles of Healthy Eating course content
This course is split into manageable sections. These are:
- Section 1: Diet and Health In this section, the learner will understand the meaning of the word diet, what a healthy diet is and how to have a balanced diet. This covers topics such as, energy and its sources, lifestyle diseases and obesity and salts.
- Section 2: Components of a Healthy Diet Learners will be able to identify different food groups, understand a balanced diet and how to keep the body healthy.
- Section 3: Nutrients and their Role in Maintaining Health Learners will identify the importance of nutrients, fluids and fibre and understand their role in maintaining good health.
- Section 4: Healthy Food Preparation In this section, learners will cover the key elements of food preparation and understand about planning a healthy meal.
- Section 5: Food Safety Awareness This section will introduce the learner to food safety and will help them understand about personal hygiene, cleaning and contamination.
Who is the Explore the Principles of Healthy Eating aimed at?
This beginner level course is aimed at someone who is keen to enter the health and fitness industry, someone who has a keen interest in health or someone keen to understand nutrition and how best to eat to stay healthy.
What kind of Explore the Principles of Healthy Eating are available?
The Explore the Principles of Healthy Eating course run by The Skills Network is 100% online based.
Explore the Principles of Healthy Eating course duration
This course runs for 5 hours start to finish.
After completing the Explore the Principles of Healthy Eating training course
Whilst this course will not gain you direct entry into UK health and fitness employment, it does show your commitment to study for a health qualification. Graduates of this course may go onto enrol in more indepth health, fitness and nutrition courses before becoming fitness instructors, personal trainers or dietitians.
Visit our training course directory and find out more details about enrolling onto the Explore the Principles of Healthy Eating online courses available with leading fitness course providers.