Our Essentials course is a fantastic way to develop yourself in a number of areas, including Self Development, Social Awareness and Employability. If you want to learn about developing various skills including managing social behaviours, understanding stress and anxiety, personal identity and developing social or employability skills, then this is the course for you. The course has been created to help improve your personal and social awareness, which suits both re-entering education and as a tool to display personal development for potential jobs and career progression.
Essentails course content
Throughout the programme, there is a college theme which links the course content to a situation in reality where the three key areas of Self Development, Social awareness and Employability are all prominent in a person’s life. This course is split into manageable sections. These are:
- Section 1: Diet and health In this section, the learner will understand the meaning of the word diet, what a healthy diet is and how to have a balanced diet. This covers topics such as energy and its sources, lifestyle diseases and obesity and salts.
- Section 2: Components of a healthy diet Learners will be able to identify different food groups, understand a balanced diet and know how to keep the body healthy.
- Section 3: Nutrients and their role in maintaining health Learners will identify the importance of nutrients, fluids and fibre and understand their role in maintaining good health.
- Section 4: Healthy food preparation In this section, learners will cover the key elements of food preparation and understand about planning a healthy meal.
- Section 5: Food safety awareness This section will introduce the learner to food safety and will help them understand about personal hygiene, cleaning and contamination.
Who is the Essentials course aimed at?
The course has been created to help improve your personal and social awareness, which suits both re-entering education and as a tool to display personal development for potential jobs and career progression.
What kind of Essentials courses are available?
The Essential course run by The Skills Network is 100% online based.
Essentails course duraction
There is no time limit attached to this course. The course can be completed at your own pace.
After completing the Essentials course
Graduates of this course will develop a sense of 'learning for life', as well as giving students knowledge about a number health related elements, including dite and health, healthy eating and food safety awareness.
Visit our training course directory and find out more details about enrolling onto the Essentials of Healthy Eating online courses available with leading fitness course providers.