Many modern websites use PHP as the programming language to make a web site dynamic and use a MySQL database to store data. Wordpress for instance is a PHP website with all its posts and pages stored in a MySQL database.
Knowing how to use PHP to connect to and write to, delete from, update and select from the database is one of the most important techniques that you can learn as a PHP programmer.
Also learning how to build a relational database from starch that can hold data in a way that a user can add their data to it (whether that be membership data or comments on a blog or upload an image), knowing how to work with MySQL is also a vital skill in the Web developers arsenal.
Who is the PHP & MySQL course aimed at?
The PHP and MysQL course is aimed at anybody from the complete beginner through to those who already have some expertise in either PHP or MySQL or both.
So whether you are starting out on your journey to learn about PHP and MySQL or are already have some experienced and want to become more advanced there is a course for you.
You will be taken from the basics of the language and you will be taught the foundations of programming through using PHP and then the foundations of using a MySQL database. Then you will be shown how to connect into the database and store, delete and select data.
PHP & MySQL course content
The fundamentals course will follow the following topics:
- What is PHP?
- Installing and configuring PHP and MySQL
- Exploring data types
- Controlling code with logical expressions and loops
- Using PHP's built-in functions
- Writing custom functions
- Building dynamic webpages
- Working with forms and form data
- Using cookies and sessions to store data
- Connecting to MySQL with PHP
- Creating and editing database records
- Building a content management system
- Adding user authentication
For more advanced users the course will follow the following modules:
- Defining and using classes, methods, and attributes
- Understanding class inheritance and access modifiers
- Working with files and directories
- Uploading files to a server via forms
- Sending emails with PHP
- Using pagination and View templates
- Photo galleries
- Creating a MySQL database from scratch
- Instantiating a method
- Writing and reading from files
- MySQL data types
- MySQL functions
- Stored routines
- and much more
What kind of PHP & MySQL courses are available?
There are many ways to learn PHP & MySQL to suit both your lifestyle and budget and your interests.
Many companies offer a wide variety of learning methods including:
- One day courses - Live Face to face - often a basics course
- Evening Courses
- Week day courses - usually full time four or five days
- Weekend courses - usually one or more weekends
- Residential courses - Live face to face training in a training provider facility
- Distance Learning courses
- Online training courses
After completing the PHP & MySQL course
After the fundamentals course you will have a good understanding of PHP and MySQL and feel competent as a web developer. After the advanced course you will be able to work as a PHP developer, MySQL developer, or a web developer. This might be either as a freelance or a full-time employee with as company.
Visit our training course directory and find out more details about enrolling onto PHP & MySQL course with the UK's leading PHP & MySQL training course providers.