The Microsoft Office suite of applications is one of the flagship products from Microsoft and Word is the word processing component of the suite. Used throughout the world as the main word processor both at home and in business it has become essential to understand how this application works and how to get best use out of it.
Like all the rest of the Microsoft Office suite of applications it supports the use of Visual Basic to further develop the application.
Microsoft word is an extremely powerful software that can be used by a single user or by a large number of people to collaborate in the production of one document.
Who is the Microsoft Office Word course aimed at?
The Microsoft Office word course is aimed at anybody who uses a word processor on a computer in their daily life, which probably means the vast majority of people throughout the world, even if the only access to a computer is via a network cafe.
The courses are designed for anybody who needs to learn how make best use of Word, wether because they are a writer or work as an administrator, PA or manager in business.
So wether you need to learn how to open your first document or design branded templates or learn to mail merge and print labels there is a course for you.
Microsoft Office Word course content
The courses will contain the following topics:
- Launching Word and touring the interface
- Opening, closing, and reading documents
- Creating new documents with templates
- Saving documents
- Opening and editing PDF documents
- Printing documents
- Editing Text
- Inserting new text
- Rearranging text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Finding and replacing text
- Undoing and redoing actions
- Formatting Text
- Paragraph Formatting
- Adjusting line spacing
- Keeping text together across page breaks
- Applying paragraph shading and borders
- Using tab stops and indents
- Using headers, footers, and page numbers
- Organising a document with sections
- Adding page backgrounds, borders, and watermarks
- Applying a theme to a document
- Restricting formatting to a selection of styles
- Creating Bulleted and Numbered Lists
- Working with Tables
- Illustrating Your Documents with photos, clipart and word art
- Inserting online video into a document
- Using Macros and Building Blocks
- Proofing Your Documents
- Checking spelling and grammar
- Using the thesaurus, research, and translation tools
- Tracking changes and showing markup
- Sharing Documents with Others
- Password protecting a document
- Restricting editing for part or all of a document
- Customising Word
- Mail Merge and labels
- EPUBS from a Word Document
What kind of Microsoft Office Word courses are available?
There are many ways to learn Microsoft Office Word to suit both your lifestyle and budget and your interests.
Many companies offer a wide variety of learning methods including:
- One day courses - Live Face to face - often a basics course
- Evening Courses
- Week day courses - usually full time four or five days
- Weekend courses - usually one or more weekends
- Residential courses - Live face to face training in a training provider facility
- Distance Learning courses
- Online training courses
After completing the Microsoft Office Word course
You will be fully competent in using Microsoft Word and be able to enhance your own career with your new skills or as a freelancer will be able to work faster and smarter by knowing where all the functions are and how to short cut to them.
Visit our training course directory and find out more details about enrolling onto Microsoft Office Word course with the UK's leading Microsoft Office Word training course providers.