Linux is an operating system used throughout the world on many of the Fortune 500 companies supercomputers, tens of millions of Android mobile devices and most of the web servers in the world.
It has become incredible popular because it is extremely stable as an operating system (you would rarely have to reboot a Linux system), it is supported not only as an open source operating system but by companies like Red Hat.
It is also the basis of LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) upon which many millions of web servers run.
Learning Linux will not only give you the ability to install a system on your own computer but will open up many job opportunities for you both as a freelance and as a full-time career.
What you learn in Learn Linux in 5 Days applies to any Linux environment including Ubuntu, Debian, Linux Mint, RedHat, Fedora, OpenSUSE, Slackware
Who is the Learn Linux in 5 Days course aimed at?
The Learn Linux in 5 Days course is aimed at the person who has no knowledge or only a little knowledge of Linux and would like to take the first steps in learning the operating system.
You would normally have a little knowledge of computers through using your own windows or Macintosh computer but wish to learn more but no knowledge is assumed at all and each step is carefully explained.
So whether you wish to learn Linux in 5 days for a hobby or would like to start a career as a Linux Administrator then this is a great course to get you started.
Learn Linux in 5 Days course content
The Learn Linux in 5 Days course content will include:
- How to get access to a Linux server if you don't already.
- What a Linux distribution is and which one to choose.
- What software is needed to connect to Linux from Mac and Windows computers.
- What SSH is and how to use it.
- The file system layout of Linux systems and where to find programs, configurations, and documentation.
- The basic Linux commands you'll use most often.
- Creating, renaming, moving, and deleting directories.
- Listing, reading, creating, editing, copying, and deleting files.
- Exactly how permissions work and how to decipher the most cryptic Linux permissions with ease.
- How to use the nano, vi, and emacs editors.
- Two methods to search for files and directories.
- How to compare the contents of files.
- What pipes are, why they are useful, and how to use them.
- How to compress files to save space and make transferring data easy.
- How and why to redirect input and output from applications.
- How to customise your shell prompt.
- How to be efficient at the command line by using aliases, tab completion, and your shell history.
- How to schedule and automate jobs using cron.
- How to switch users and run processes as others.
- How to find and install software.
What kind of Learn Linux in 5 Days courses are available?
There are many ways to learn Learn Linux in 5 Days to suit both your lifestyle and budget and your interests.
Many companies offer a wide variety of learning methods including:
- One day courses - Live Face to face - often a basics course
- Evening Courses
- Week day courses - usually full time four or five days
- Weekend courses - usually one or more weekends
- Residential courses - Live face to face training in a training provider facility
- Distance Learning courses
- Online training courses
After completing the Learn Linux in 5 Days course
You will be competent to be able to use Linux, install a server and administer it. For those wishing to pursue a career in Linux Systems Administration may wish to look at the CompTIA Linux+ course for further training.
Visit our training course directory and find out more details about enrolling onto Learn Linux in 5 Days course with the UK's leading Learn Linux in 5 Days training course providers.