Core stability is a recognised element of fitness, taught by a range of fitness professionals, including personal trainers, Exercise to Music, gym instructors, aqua instructors, yoga teachers, Pilates teachers ... in fact any organised group exercise class or one-to-one personal training session should include core stability as a component of every session.
Core stability training allows the practitioner to improve their strength, speed, balance and overall exercise and sports performance. Therefore, all fitness professionals should have a level of competency when it comes to core stability training and advice as without it many of their clients will be missing out on a vital element of fitness.
Core Stability training course content
Many fitness training course providers offer a core stability course. Whilst course titles many vary slightly, all courses should allow the fitness student to develop a high level of understanding and the practical skills required to demonstrate how to correctly engage the core muscles of the torso. Core stability courses typically include the following elements:
- Focus on technique and alignment during exercise
- Design and develop a challenging core stability workout
- Understand the muscles engaged in the development of core stability
- Improve fitness professionals observation skills to stop incorrect technique by clients
- The use of fitness equipment, including an exercise ball, balance boards and BOSU in the training of core stability
Most training courses assess the skills of a fitness professional based on the theory and practical skills required to deliver a successful core stability training session.
Visit our training course search and find out about core stability training courses available with the UK's leading fitness course providers.