About this course
HTML5 is the standard language of the Web, developed by the World Wide Web Consortium, also known as W3C. HTML5 is and will continue to be THE essential technology for organizations delivering applications across multiple platforms.
As such, HTML5 is now supported on mobile phones, connected objects, game consoles, automobile dashboards, and devices that havent even been considered yet. Write once and deploy anywhere!
In this course, you will learn all the new features that were introduced with HTML5 to help create great Web sites and applications, in a simplified but powerful way.
HTML5 provides native support for video and audio without plug-ins, provides support for offline applications and for games with smooth interactive animations, and much more. HTML5 represents the set of features that entrepreneurs and organizations will rely on for years to come.
What you'll learn
In this course, you will:
- Learn the new simplified HTML5 tags, and how to use microdata
- Play with the audio and video tags
- Draw and animate fun Web graphics
- Discover the newest HTML5 forms
- Understand why accessibility is important
- Test the basic APIs, such as Web storage and geolocation
- Practice coding techniques thanks to multiple interactive examples