So you've researched the company. You feel positive, confident and you look smart. Then 'BAM' you're asked a question that knocks you for six. "Who would win in a fight between Batman and Superman?" What is the right answer? Or more specifically, what answer does the interviewer want to hear. This bizarre question isn't a one off.
Worst interview questions in the UK
We have researched some of the worst questions asked in job interviews. These are real questions asked in UK interviews. Now read on and ask yourself how you would answer them.
- Who is your favourite Doctor Who?
- What dinosaur would you like to be?
- Do you sing in the bath?
- Do you wear jeans outside of work?
- What would you do if you saw an employee kissing the boss?
- Is a Jaffa Cake a cake or a biscuit?
- Are you a Coronation Street or Eastenders fan?
- Tell me 20 selling points of a BIC pen.
- How do you feel about blood sports?
- If a hippo fell into a hole, who would you get it out?
- What would you do if the sun died out?
- Would you drive through an amber traffic light?
- Would you post about work on Facebook?
- Which three celebrities would you invite on a night out?
- Do you prefer to be right or liked?
Worst interview questions in the USA
Below are a few questions asked in US interviews.
- How lucky are you and why?
- If you were a pizza delivery man, how would you benefit from scissors?
- Are you a hunter or a gatherer?
- Why is a tennis ball fuzzy?
- If you could sing a song on American Idol what would you sing?
- If you were on an Island what three items would you bring?
- What is your least favourite thing about humanity?
- How honest are you?
- How does the internet work?
- If you were 80 years old, what would you tell your child?
- What is the colour of money?
- What was the last git you gave someone?
- What is the funniest thing that has happened to you recently?
- Hav you ever been on a boat?
- Do you believe in Bigfoot?
Please feel free to post your best answers below.