We've all been there. The sky is grey and it's freezing outside. Or you're nursing a hangover. But the alarm has just gone off and it's time for work. So what do you do? The only thing you can do ... call work and say you're not coming in today. When the boss asks "Why?", what are you going to say? The truth? Maybe, if you have a valid reason.
We have compiled a list of 20 excuses to use at work. From the reliable to the ridiculous.
10 reliable excuses for missing work
1. "My grandmother died."
2. "I've lost my voice." - texted to boss
3. "I have a family emergency."
4. "I have jury duty."
5. "I have a migraine."
6. "I not feeling well."
7. "It's a religious holiday."
8. "My child is sick and can't go to school."
9. "I feel down the stairs and I need to go to hospital."
10. "Its my honeymoon!"
10 ridiculous excuses for missing work
1. "I woke up in a good mood and I didn't want to ruin it."
2. "Someone has shaved off my eyebrows."
3. "There is a spider in my wardrobe and I can't get dressed."
4. "I can't be arsed so I'm going back to bed."
5. "My dog just ate my shoes."
6. "I pulled last night and I have no idea where I am."
7. "I think I've lost my car."
8. "I've stubbed a toe and I can't walk."
9. "I need to Christmas shopping."
10. "I think I was abducted by aliens last night."
We recommend only using the first 10 excuses as the last 10 excuses might get you longer than a day off work!